7.12.2008

Road

Photobucket

There is something to about being forced to drive well under the speed limit that does something to my thoughts. I keep the radio off, I don't sing, or speak. I sit and listen to the groaning of my car and narrate my life. It is a simple way home. I'm sure I bother the people stuck behind me, as my car is now refusing to willfully go over 50mph, and I like to keep it at about 40. Squeak is, well, on her last gear I believe. But I'm going to keep driving her 'til she hits the ground. I'm surprised she's actually gone on this long really.
I came in after a long night and the first thing my eyes laid themselves on was a large bottle of Tide and a spiky leaved pineapple resting on the kitchen counter. This struck me as very funny. Perhaps sleep deprivation? I have always believed that with lack of sleep comes ridiculous amounts of giggles. Well, when there isn't ridiculous amounts of grumbles that is....
Summer continues on. I've read three or four more books, kept working, and in between, spent my limited time with my lovely friends. It's nice and windy outside tonight, and I'm covered in mosquito bites because of it. ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

going 24 hours without sleep is equivalent to being drunk. did you know that?

Lara said...

Hmm, no, but that would explain the ridiculous amounts of giggles. :P