6.22.2008

Jigs

Photobucket
This evening was filled with my Sissy and I doing Irish jig dances about the living room, trying to learn the steps, and stumbling about over our own feet many times. Now it smells like sweat and tea, and the old furniture in here. My legs are sore, but in that good way, how they've been used and are tired and will probably hurt in the morning from all the stretching I did. Yesterday it was just my mother and I in the house all day. It was a rare thing for us to spend the whole day together, but I enjoyed it. We had muffins in the morning and read tasty recipes out of cook books(most of which we will never make, but it's fun to think about them :] ). We went to dinner at an Indian food restaurant where they played fun Arabic music and served lime soda that tasted a bit more like lime seawater, but the food was great. (I have really started to fancy Indian food. I don't know when I became okay with spicy things.) Then we watched American History X, which was fantastic. Edward Norton is an awesome actor. It has been a surprisingly pleasant and calm weekend. Well, bed and books await me. Horray for working evening shift for the next two weeks!

No comments: