3.06.2008

TP

How awesome is my roommate? So awesome she buys me green toilet paper when she goes to the store. Haha, thanks sweet Caroline. My greenness is almost complete now. :P
What's been going on, eh? Lots of school. Loathing of chemistry and particularly Dr. Grumpy Mcevilpants. My research work for Emerging Scholars is taking up huge chunks of my time, and I'm busy with stuff in the AMS. My list of ridiculous camo-stuff from Simmons' now also includes camo air vent covers and telephones. Walking outside while chatting and trip and drop your phone? Don't worry, nobody, including yourself, will be able to find it! I'm surprised my plants are still alive our window sill. I like apples again. Parts of Texas got seven inches of snow yesterday. And I washed all my clothes for the first time in almost a month last week. That brought two thoughts. The first being, Daaaaaaang, and the second being, I've got a lot of underwear! My excuse?.....No quarters lying about.... So yeah, I've been up to stuff and I feel kinda bad that I haven't gotten to write anything in a while. But so it goes.
Caroline and I signed up for housing for next semester today. We decided to stay in our same room again next semester. We may look into an apartment for the semester after that, but we're in the same place for now. We like it here. Earlier on in the semester we hung a white board on our door to write messages on. Sometimes it's just got funny pictures or where we're at, or messages from people down the hall saying hello. I walked up upon a couple of girls putting sprinkles on the slice of cheesecake I had drawn today. It makes me happy that random people will leave their messages there. And somewhat closer to people in a way. It's like, community through a door sign? I don't know. It's just a feeling I get. Somewhat silly, but I love seeing what people write in response to things we put up there. I guess it's somewhat like writing a blog. Informative of our actions at times, occasionally(hopefully) amusing or at least entertaining, and wanting any form of input from other people. I wish more people would put signs up so we could leave messages there for them too.
Well, Jacob and I are driving home today for the weekend. It's been so long since I've been back, I'm eager to see my family and friends. This is the only time I'll have for a long time to go home so I'm taking advantage of it. Hopefully I'll get to see you. Tell me if you're free. :]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so... I was rereading a comment you left on esunasoul and thought you might find a candle warmer useful. You can get them for about $6 at Walmart. Not as fun as an actual flame, but at least it makes dormrooms smell good...

jzayara

Lara said...

Hey, that's a good idea. Thanks! :]

esunasoul said...

Lara is so old school. She posts on bulletin boards, but they're analog.