12.12.2007

Ever get a song stuck in your head where you don't know what it's called, who plays it, or even what the words really are? Yeah, I've had that for the last few days or so. So when I'm driving I'm often just making up words to some melody that keeps running about in my head. Kind of annoying, but at the same time, I really like the song, however it goes.

Monday I started my volunteer work at the National Weather Service. They don't have a SCEP position (basically paid internship) open yet(but I have a feeling they're working on that), so I'm just doing volunteer stuff for now. They just teach me everything I'll need to know, I get to see how I like working there, they get to know me, and it helps me learn stuff a lot faster for school/my future. All that practical application stuff. A really good deal, I think. Everyone has been really friendly and super helpful for me. I'm very grateful to how everybody is trying to get me a job with them. I would love to work for the National Weather Service when I graduate. :]

Besides the hours at the NWS, I really don't know what to do with myself over this Christmas break. I'm going to the bookstore tomorrow to get a stack of books I can read. Heather and I are going to see the Golden Compass movie. I loved Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy. They were some of my favorite books as a kid. I hope the movie is just as excellent as the story in the books. I'm also going to try and see if Palmetto has some hours they would have me work. I'm getting lower on the cash and I want to be able to buy people gifts for Christmas and still have enough dollars to purchase my next chunk of textbooks for the spring semester.

Ah, it's raining now. Finally. This warm weather (a high of 77 F) in December is quite a drag. But cooler weather is coming with this rain, so I'm pleased. I was actually a bit confused for a moment, sitting here at my computer. It's all dark in the house now, which is when the house starts to make noises. It usually creeks and pops and clicks, but the rain has a different sound outside my back door. Not so much a patter or splash, but more like... a few hands slightly slapping on the ground against smooth concrete. I don't know, maybe that all sounds the same. Anyways, it's late, and I am planning on waking up early in the morning to cook blueberry muffins for breakfast. I guess sleep is in order for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The beginning of this blog reminds me of our trip to Lafayette where we put your mom's trippy yoga music on the CD player and started making up our own lyrics. I think we had a good song going about a rabbit for a while. Good times, lol!

Lara said...

Haha, how could I have forgotten about that? Yep we were signing about a bunny and dancing weird and all fantastic things. :D