10.16.2008

So I'm thinking that pumpkin spice lattes are awesome. Days like this set me in a wonderful mood. Wonderful grey sky, misty rain, cool wind weather, long skirts with rainbow knee-highs, William Carlos Williams poetry in Literature, American Lit being the only class of the day, $1 lunches at the CSM, four big cups of unsweet tea, having my DE test moved back a week, and loosing all my umbrellas but dashing about campus anyways. Yes, these are a favorite kind of day for me.
I recently went to the Red River Revel and purchased a piece of art I've been eying for several years now. It's a huge pen-and-ink drawing of an endless library. The selves span up and out as far as the eye can see. It has always been a favorite of mine and I'm super glad I finally got it. It's now smartly hanging on the wall above my bed here in my dorm. I would love to have a room in my house someday filled with wonderful books. I've always wanted a reasonable home library. I love the idea of books covering the dark wooden walls with soft yellow lights and a few comfy chairs and woolly rugs. The smell of paper and wood polish and patchouli surrounding the room. It's just a thought I suppose, but it is a happy one I keep in my head. I'm still young, so it's something I can look forward to, whether I actually ever have one or not. But for now, I've got the seven story library here at school, and the fully stocked shelves of Books-A-Million. :)

No comments: