10.05.2007

Oatmeal, Water Bottles

Oatmeal. I used to hate it so much. Why am I so happy to eat is now? Just about every Friday my English professor cancels class and just sends an online assignment by email. So now I've gotten to sleep an extra hour and taken the time to cook some maple & brown sugar oatmeal. And I must say I'm most pleased.
But in moving on in other news, I've started running again. Which means I've started stretching again, and I am way out of shape. All my muscles are sore, but it feels good. I hate it when I'm stiff and can hardly touch my toes. While we do have an indoor track here at school, I'm finding that running outside here is much better. The ground is flat for the most part, and it's easier to not cheat. I run down to the activity center and back, which makes about a mile, so every time I head down there I know I'm going to have to make the same distance back. No stopping in the middle of the lap, like at the track. It's easier to go running at night. Caroline and I only go on the main street, which is fairly well lit, but the air is better at night, and I always look really ridiculous when I run. It's like I don't know where to put my arms. Elbows jerk and my fists beat oddly. But heck, after seeing the way I play racquetball, this is much of an improvement.

...

So, I've encountered a problem. Lining the edge of the window along my bed are several empty water bottles. See, back when I lived at home, we would buy a case of water for me to take to school, but I would just refill the bottles from our refrigerator water. That way it lasted a lot longer and I didn't feel bad because each bottle got several uses before being thrown away. Now, the bottles aren't refilled and I just don't throw them out. I can count ten sitting along the ledge here right in front of me, and I actually have some in my unused drawer. It's all rather silly, but I can't just get rid of them.
Well, now I'm back from my other class, and I've got much more to do. I'm sure I'll have more to say after this weekend. There are a few events going on, and I've got to work on my next English paper to work on. I'm supposed to write it on the movie Dogma. Now if only I could get my computer to play the movie correctly. Oh, and tomorrow's my Grandpa's birthday!

2 comments:

esunasoul said...

It's true, she runs like a freak. :P

Anonymous said...

I hate oatmeal. I hate running. I can't touch my toes. And I never throw away water bottles either. Lol.